The Dangers Of Damp

Damp Homes Can Cause A Variety Of Health Problems, Don’t Put Your Family At Risk!

Can Damp Affect My Health?

Yes, according to the NHS, if you have damp and mould in your home you’re more likely to have respiratory problems, respiratory infections, allergies or asthma. Damp and mould can also affect the immune system.

Moulds produce allergens (substances that can cause an allergic reaction), irritants and sometimes, toxic substances. Inhaling or touching mould spores may cause an allergic reaction, such as sneezing, a runny nose, red eyes and skin rash. Moulds can also cause asthma attacks.

Who Can Be Affected?

Everyone. Damp issues do not care if you’re old or young, male or female – it can affect everyone!

Some people can be more susceptible to illness due to damp though, so it’s especially important damp issues are resolved swiftly for:

  • Babies & Children
  • Elderly people
  • People with skin problems like eczema
  • People with respiratory problems like asthma
  • People with a weakened immune system

If mould has formed from the damp, these people should also keep clear of skin contact.

How To Spot Damp & Soot Salts

  • Usually shows up as patches of brown staining
  • Intensity of patches can vary with weather conditions
  • Patches gradually grow in size and intensity over a period of months or years
  • Can appear on any plastered surface
  • Very common on chimney breasts

Examples Of Damp Chimney Breasts

Ready To Talk?

If you'd like to discuss your needs in more detail, simply fill in the form and one of our friendly team will be in touch!

Don't worry, we don't like salesmen either - so we don't have any! You'll be called back or emailed by either Graham or Collette to discuss your needs further!